hello

Suse has nothing here to do with your rc file : it's blackbox itself which
overwrites its own config file ; to change settings when bb is running you have
to use your mouse and the configuration menu... for the slit options, the
easiest way is to stop blackbox (and X btw), change options in the rc file like
you did, and restart X

bbkeys -w prevents bbkeys from being seen in the slit, which is useful when you
don't want to see a simple keyhole inside others dockapps and you don't need to
configure bbkeys every day :)...

Hope this helps
GeO