Bugs item #896897, was opened at 2004-02-14 03:32
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bradleyhughes
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=428680&aid=896897&group_id=40696

Category: Behaviour
Group: CVS

Initial Comment:
useing "click to focus"

with evolution, I can start typing an email, when my
mouse leaves the active app the focus leaves but
nothing else appears to gain it, when the mouse comes
back over the apps focus comes back

Date: 2004-08-27 13:58

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=459209

lots of things have been changing recently... is this bug still valid?  i've
done several changes to the focus code in the last months, and would be
glad if i could mark this as fixed.

thanks

Comment By: Doug Reeves (guodman)
Date: 2004-03-12 04:00

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=879075

I've seen this with Xchat 2.0.0, but not exactly what is described above.
I click in the text box so that I can type a message, and it works. If I move the
mouse off of Xchat, then typing characters no longer puts letters in the text
field. bringing the mouse back over Xchat (no clicking) will allow me to type
once again.
The same thing happens if I click on a nick, then press up/down to change the
selected nick, it only works when the mouse is over the program.
Opera, Kwrite, rxvt, Gimp, and xmms are not affected like this.

Comment By: Ciprian Popovici (sfrowd)