On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 17:00, Robert Marshall wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 2004, Jason Kasper wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 17:02, Robert Marshall wrote:
> >> Not sure I can quite replicate this but I've seen it a few times..
> >>
> >> latest blackbox cvs (well updated Friday) and bbkeys - not updated so
> >> recently, after closing a window then trying to change workspace with a
> >> key binding doesn't work, I can change workspace using the toolbar and
> >> then after a few window operations it starts working again.
> >>

> > are there any open windows on the desktop after you close the window
> > with bbkeys?  does it happen every time you close a window?
> >

> In all cases that it's happened there are other windows open though again
> in all cases none in that workspace and no it doesn't happen every time I
> close a window

I should have qualified that....  There has been a bug between bbkeys
and blackbox for years now that we've never tracked down, where if you
switch workspaces to a workspace that has no open windows, or if you
close a window and there are no other open windows on the current
workspace, nothing has keyboard focus and bbkeys never gets the keypress
events.  It doesn't happen if you run something in your root window
(metacity, kdesktop, rox probably), since in that case, something will
always have keyboard focus.

any help tracking this down would be greatly appreciated.  I don't think
at this point that we even know where the problem lies--if it's bbkeys
doing something wrong or blackbox allowing nothing to have input focus.

I'd be curious to hear thoughts on this...

--

 `
 ,