hi..

> tongue.in(cheek);
>
> So then just about any modern object-oriented or component based
> application should also be in the UNIX way. Everything from our dear
> blackbox all the way past konqi and mozilla through to Microsoft
> Office. :D

not at all...

konqueror is just a GUI within which all the GUI, I/O and various other
extensions in KDE (which are becoming quite numerous and varied) can come
together visually in accordance with the user's desire at that moment. konqi
contains very little functionality in and of itself. even the menus and
toolbars are extended/modified by the loaded parts. in turn all these parts
can be used by any other KDE app, such as the html, dir tree, console,
finder, text viewer, koffice, cervisia, <INSERT PART HERE> parts and the
IOSlaves.

konqueror : kparts :: bash : command line apps

this is particularly different when compared with the state of things on MS
Windows or MacOS. simply having a component model does not guarentee
interoperability between components in an ad hoc manner as the UNIX CLI does.

GNOME's bonobo + gnomevfs will give similar benefits to the GNOME desktop.

--
Aaron Seigo

--
Aaron Seigo