Hi,

I use Sloppy Focus and I have some buggy "features" also. For example if
the focus is on app A on workspace 1 and I switch to workspace 2, where
there is no window, app A on ws 1 still has the focus. I think the
desirable behaviour would be, that there is no window focused at all.
Nevertheless sometimes it happens that noone has the focus. This is OK.
But in these cases bbkeys does not grap keypresses. (Until I focus
something.)

And finally one thing that can be considered as a feature, a functional
enhancement:
I would love to have a setting that would make blackbox not to focus
anything when there is nothing under the mouse pointer. Now if I use
sloppy focus, and focus a window with the mouse, and then move the mouse
to float over some empty desktop space, the last window remains focused.
- I don't like this.

(About minimalism and knowing the difference between bug & feature: I
use ed as an editor if I have to, I frequently use telnet 80 as a "web
browser" and telnet 25/110 as a mail client, wm2 as a window manager,
etc. I am quite familiar with the topic, so pleaase do not treat me like
a lame user...)

About patches: As far as I know the patches available for blacbox should
be applied to the clean distribution source. What happens if you want to
apply two patches that would patch the same file?
There is no doubt bugfix patches should be placed into a new release.
There are small patches which provide small, minor functional
extensions. Maybe it should be considered to integrate some of them into
blacbox, but not by default. I mean you can decide what to compile or
not when you run the configure. (./configure --with-feature-foo
--without-feature-bar) Of course these should be only small
enhancements, noone wants to change the minimalist philosophy of
blackbox (for those there is KDE). I've just talked to Lacus (Laszlo
Gerencser - also a bb list member), he suggested a modular architecture,
like the modules for sawfish. What do you think?

For those who think blackbox should be left untouched (for ages): Do you
use any a.out binaries with libc3? :-))

Let peace be with you all,

Peter