Peter Szekszardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Would you please help me with some suggestions that which programs use
> less cpu and memory than others? For example aterm uses less resource
> than xterm. Could you please suggest me a good editor both for console
> and X that uses less than vim/vim -g (vim with X gui)?

Jed is worth a look!  Pretty powerful, has modes for latex and (?) C,
interacts well with slrn and mutt, and can be used in a console or in X.

The binaries I have here are

Vim  998k
Jed  116k
Xjed 200k

There are some fairly up-to-date "unofficial" debian packages for Potato
at

http://cpbotha.net/jedstuff

as well as nice screenshots and links

IN a similar situation, though, I made room for vim (without the gui)!

Glyn

               *          Here we are then.......               *
               * http://members.tripod.co.uk/Christchurch2000uk *