The big problem I am having is that there is a default "Exit" at the
bottom of the menu that is not in the blackbox-menu config file.  I've
tried adding an exit within bbconf, thinking I could create a script
that would do the prompting, but I cannot delete that default "Exit".

Is there something I am missing about where to remove this default Exit.

Thanks,
Paul

P.S. Thanks for all the help so far!  I'm glad to see a good, strong
user community for my new favorite window manager!