> What technologies are open for use?  I assume the site will be run on
> an Apache server that supports Perl (and possibly PHP).  Should we
> just use our own judgement and worry about configuring the server later?

Here's a hint:  bb is a minimalist wm for those not into flash and pomp.

A whiz bang site is likely to get you branded an E (or worse) user and ignored
(-:  The site should load and work under text mode browsers as well as all of
the popular GUI ones.

It is not that we do not like the alug site, we have just been looking at it
for 3 years.