On 03-Jan-2002 Jan Schaumann wrote:
> scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> It never did make any sense to me why the lock keys should
>> affect something like ALT+Click.
>
> Just to nitpick:  It makes "sense" in so far as the WM does receive two
> different events (IIRC, I may be wrong here) depending on whether one of
> the lock keys is on or not.  Just like "S" is different from "s" - all
> that's different is that one of the "lock"-keys is on (shift-lock, in
> this case).

The code is actually about twice as long and much less obvious to work around
modifier keys.

> From a user point of view, it's of course a bit annoying and I also
> welcome the change (even if I don't use it due to my very happy
> arrangement with bbkeys, which allows me to avoid the hated rodent
> almost entirely).

Many of us even viewed it as a feature, not a bug.  Sometimes when using
certain applications, getting the keypress to be local to the app or global to
bbkeys was not easy.  Simply enabling a lock modifier disabled the keybindings
long enough for us to work in the program.