On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 06:02:50PM +0100, ray@crytek wrote:
> I've put my HTML skills to the test and reworked Threads design. I've
> removed all images except the 'blackbox' and the 'blackbox title'. I've also
> removed most of the nested tables, most of the width=100%, cleaned up the
> style sheet a little, changes to the left nav, removed the right hand column
> and a number of small changes
>
> This was just a quick re-work and I'll make it XHTML standard if people
> want to use it (or someone else can if they like)
>
> I've tested on w3m, IE6 (win2k) and Mozilla (win2k). This is really Thread's
> design cut back, thats all
>
> Oh yer, the URL :]
> http://www.planetquake.com/lvl/blackbox/
>
> threads original ca be found here;
> http://www.threadbox.net/blackbox/

Opera 6 (Linux) renders both designs so that the right edge of the
box(es) o' links on the left side of the page is bang up flush against
the text on the right of the page.  It is quite unlovely.  IE6
(Win2k/VMware), I notice, renders them both nicely with a space between
the right edge of the box and the text.  (Suggested fix:  Simply insert
box(es) and the text.)

FWIW, my preferences lean strongly toward the cleaner one-box design.

Chris Menzel