On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 10:00:05PM -0500, Nexist Xenda'ths wrote:
> I get an error when running configure for bbconf.  Is this where I ask for
> help, or is there a forum specific to bbconf?
>
> "checking for libz... configure: error: not found. Check your installation
> and look into config.log"
>
> I do not understand the contents of config.log

You simply do not have the libz headers available. If you're running a
distribution, then you'll need to install a package with a name
something like "libz-dev", "libz-devel", or "zlib-dev". For example,
under debian/testing, the package is zlib1g-dev.

The bottom of the config.log will contain the actual error that occured
during the test. It should be an error regarding a missing header and/or
library (libz).

xOr
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.