On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:47:49PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Marc Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 07:07:12PM +0100, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > > How to repeat:
> > >
> > > Position the cursor so that it's over a window, and over the bbkeys
> > > window menu when it pops up (ISTR it's configurable if it appears at
> > > all). Press your keyboard shortcut for cycling windows, and try to
> > > switch to a different one.
> >
> > I can duplicate this with the Debian packages of 0.62.0 and bbkeys 0.8.4...
>
> We discussed this some time ago - search the archive (not that there was
> a solution, mind you).
>
> > I think it's a bb-ism, not a bbkeys-ism.
>
> Well, aaaaaactually[1], it's the proper behaviour for sloppy focus.  Only,
> it's annoying :)
>
> It depends of course on if you regard the bbkeys-cycle-window as
> a _window_ or not. bbkeys regards it as a window.  Therefore, when you
> cycle, it creates a window, the mouse-pointer happens to be on it, so
> that window gets the focus.  The user chooses an entry, the cycle-window
> disappears and therefore looses the mouse-pointer focus.  Whatever
> happens to be under the cycle-window receives a mouse-input event and,
> following sloppy focus, the focus.
>
> The only thing to remedy this situation would be, I think, to have
> bbkeys ignore it's own cycle-window.

Not bbkeys, I think. There'd have to be some way to tel blackbox to
ignore the window and not pass focus to it. Bbkeys is trying to get the
focus on whatever you chose in the menu. As long as bbkeys is separate
from blackbox, i can't see this going away, without some kludgy extra
code in blackbox, which i also can't see happening. Sorry.

xOr
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.