On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:25:47 -0500
scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marco wrote:

> > It *is* absolutely true.
>

> Not at all.
>
> The toolbar tells you where you are, and the slit houses
> dock-apps.  I use the slit for bbkeys (and others) but keep
> it auto-hidden so that i don't have to stare at it all the
> time, whereas my toolbar is always visible, so i know what
> workspace i'm on and what time/date it is.  (and so i can
> get to the menu when i'm working with maximized windows)
>
> I don't see how that's an overlap of functionality...

Well, I use the slit for everything, with GKrellM showing date/time and bbpager
showing where I am. It is visible all the time, so I can keep an eye on my
system. The space blelow it is handy to bring up a menu as needed, if bbkeys
doesn't handle what I want. The toolbar is autohidden so I don't have to look at
it.

I think that that's a good example of overlap. Same situation, different
results.

Speedy
--

Of all the things you can accomplish by screwing up your face and swearing
into a darkened room, sleep is not one of them.