> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:05:22 -0500
> From: Jan Schaumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: E-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: bb and transient windows
>
> Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Personally, I would rather people use the tarballs I release.
> > Frankly the need to download code just because it is new has never
> > made sense to me.  Yesterday CVS did not even compile.
>
> If it doesn't, the people checking it out might actually make it work.
> If somebody wants to stay up to date, a system like CVS (or 'arch' or
> 'subversion') only makes sense to me.

    CVS can *save* you time and energy. Like the patch for bbkeys I sent
    to the list a few days ago: since Jason uses CVS, I could easily
    check whether the bug is still there, and send a diff against
    uptodate code.

    Not that it would matter in this case (the patch was a oneliner, and
    in a stable piece of code), but these two virtues of CVS are very
    much apreciated.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
11:49AM up 17 days, 18:13, 11 users, load averages: 1.04, 0.97, 0.59