On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 04:01:58PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > No, I dont use the windows key for any bindings.  Also, key presses work
> > fine going through an empty workspace if I havent typed anything in Opera.
> > I believe this is related to the no-focus bug, which occurs with both
> > bbkeys and the keybind patch.
> >

> Opera seems to stretch the ICCCM.  It was not happy with the way blackbox
> marked it Withdrawn when workspaces were changed.  I wonder if it is doing
> something that is marginally accepted by the spec to get keybindings.

The ICCCM states that blackbox should not be setting the window to
withdrawn. That's only supposed to happen when the window is unmapped
(as in closing, not as in being hidden) iirc.

> Every mention of the no-focus bug seems to include Opera in the description.
> Using all of the apps I have installed I have been unable to recreate this.  I
> guess I will have to break down and grab Opera.

The problem has been talked about with more than just Opera (just not in
the last mention or two). I think, though, that it tends to show up with only
QT applications.

xOr
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.