First, apologies is this isn't the right forum for bbkeys. I switched to
blackbox about 2 months ago and have been in heaven. But very recently,
when I try to configure bbkeys it bonks. Specifically, I click on the
keyhole icon and a term? window opens very briefly with the title
"bbkeysrc" (which I can only read by clicking zillions of times and pick
the title up from the strobing effect).

Anyone else seen this, and where do I begin troubleshooting? I tried
hiding my .bbkeysrc file but no luck. The shortcuts all work, I just
can't get the nice gui interface.

Some details:
Debian GNU/Linux, running Sid w/no problems mostly.
Blackbox 0.62.1pre0
BBkeys 0.8.4

TIA,

Paul

PS: I'd also welcome configuration suggestions, perhaps in a new thread.
My .xsession file is currently:

$ cat .xsession
#if [ -f ~/.bash_profile ]; then
#       . ~/.bash_profile