Heyas,

Anyone know of or attempted an opaque resize patch for blackbox?

I was messin with it a bit over the weekend, and was makin progress, but there's
something horribly wrong with what I'm doing.

The coordinates/size of the window seem to be flyin about all over the place,
especially if I quickly move the mouse.

All I did was add a configure() and a blackbox->ungrab() around line 2769ish in
Window.cc (last else in BlackboxWindow::motionNotifyEvent()). Also happened to comment
a few XDrawRectangles in select places to keep that border from appearing (makes it
look funny).

Didn't notice the problem at first, b/c I was just resizing with an xterm, but when I
hauled out netscape, that's when it really became obvious.

Looking at the little geometry window that appears in the middle of the screen shows
them flyin up, and about! Jimmy Hat (tm).

Anyone? :/

Also, I was lookin around at blackbox cvs at expandTilde(), and although I've never
come across an instance of $HOME not being set (anyone?), it could be possible.

This may be a bit much, but perhaps adding some stuff to use getpw* could be done...
Checks for getpwuid() and pwd.h could be added to the autoconf stuff, then test $HOME,
and if it's not set...

struct passwd *p = getpwuid(getuid());
... use p->pw_dir ...

Dunno, just a thought. :)