On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 18:00, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 09:36:02PM +0100, Yvon Thoraval wrote:
>
> > when rebuilding bbconfxxx.src.rpm, i get the followin error :
> >
> > RPM build errors:
> >     File not found: /var/tmp/bbconf-1.4/usr/man/man1/bbconf.1
> >
> > and launching gives :
> >
> > [root@yvon BB]# bbconf
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > i understand i'm missing something but what or where could i find info on bbconf ?
>
> You probably have to edit the bbconf.spec file and include something
> like the lines:
>    cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{prefix}/man
>    [ -f man1/bbconf.1.gz ] || gzip man1/bbconf.1
> after the line:
>    # Build the file-list automagically :)

Um.  This doesn't make sense.  It seems that the build process is
failing because it's looking for "man1/bbconf.1", not
"man1/bbconf.1.gz".  Why would it fix things to gzip the man page?  And
I'm honestly very confused as to why this would fail anyway, since the
%files list is generated dynamically based on what files are actually
there.

Anyone able to explain this annoying little feature of RPM-building?
Anybody else seeing this?

--
Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper