On 01-Apr-2002 Eric Binet wrote:
> I was wondering, on the alug.org site, it is said that bb is ICCCM
> compliant, what exactly is that ICCCM stuff? Could someone tell me where I
> could get this standard? Also, if bb implements the NET-WM standard, will
> it be FULLY gnome and KDE compliant? This would be really cool!
>
> Anyways, since I plan to play around in the bb code, I would like to have
> access to these 2 standards (ICCCM and NET-WM).

ICCCM -> Inter Client Communication Convenstions Manual

It is *the* definition for how to get a X Window based program to tell the
Window manager what it wants.  It comes with XFree, should be on their site as
well.  Make sure you read version 2 (not hard, version 1 is REALLY old and out
of date).

Not sure what you mean by "fully gnome and KDE compliant".  We should be as
good as we can be though.

If you have any questions about the blackbox code, feel free to mail the list
or myself.