On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 02:20:32PM -0400, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> So I recompiled blackbox with the edgesnap and wheelmouse patches today,
> and everything went smoothly. The mouse wheel now allows me to scroll
> between workspaces with ease, and I like that a lot.
>
> I'm a little mystified by the edgesnap patch -- I thought I understood
> its purpose, but I think when it comes down to it I don't... or at
> least, it's not doing as I expected... I expected it to allow windows to
> snap to the workspace edges...?

Windows have always been able to snap to the edge of the screen. If they
aren't, have a look in your blackboxrc.

What the patch does it make snapping the window to the edge easier. It
does this by doubling the area in which the window snaps. With the patch
applied, the window edge will snap to the screen edge from inside *and*
outside of the screen border.

so.. diagram.. at the top edge of your monitor:

old style                               new style

                                        ===== <- snap area
                                        ===== <- snap area
----- <- screen edge                    ----- <- screen edge
===== <- snap area                      ===== <- snap area
===== <- snap area                      ===== <- snap area

hope this makes sense :)

xOr
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.