I think your problem is that you aren't forking the processes into the
background in your .xinitrc.

it should be something like this:

bbweather &
blackbox

and that should work fine.

--
Derek Cunningham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Human beings act intelligently only after they have
exhausted the alternatives" -- Abba Eban

Registered Linux User Number 195825