forwarded because my current email address wasn't subscribed. :)

----- Forwarded message from Derek Cunningham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

From: Derek Cunningham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 01:42:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Problems with replying to list.

On Sat, May11,02 22:23, Mr. Brigham Young wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> No Offense whatsover :)
>
> Regarding your comment I would have to say that the argument presented in
> the document you referenced is spurious for the following reasons.

<snip>
> 5. Why would you want to reply-all when it is safe to assume that the
> person you are replying to (in this case) is a member of
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and will recieve two copies if you did that?
<snip>

And if the situation arises that a person does NOT wish to send it to the
list, they have two corses of action:

1) use the From: address.
2) check the "old-reply-to" header field, as some mailing list mailers put
the value of the "Reply-to" in the "old-reply-to" field.

DC

--
Derek Cunningham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Human beings act intelligently only after they have
exhausted the alternatives" -- Abba Eban

Registered Linux User Number 195825

----- End forwarded message -----