On Wed, 15 May 2002 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT)
"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 15-May-2002 Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > The description sounds very similiar to the spin-lock problem I was
> > experiencing randomly on one of my systems in the past (see ML
> > archives).
>
> indeed, it does.  suggestions on helping the submitter recreate the
> problem with some more diagnostic info would be welcomed.

Each time I experienced this, I found that X was using 100% of the CPU.  I
only experienced the problem when I was using Evolution on the system.
Not saying it was the culprit, just that it was the only application I was
consitently running when the problem occurred.  Also, the system has not
experienced the problem since I stopped using Evolution.  However, it was
around that same time that I switched from RH 7.2 on my systems to Debian
Woody.  So, I guess that's a bit of apples and oranges.

Would be interesting to find out if the person that reported the bug
is/was using Evolution.

--
Jamin W. Collins