I'm almost certain this is a Blackbox not a GVim issue, but I thought
before I submitted it as a bug I'd see if a few others can duplicate it.
 The problem occurs when maximizing GVim, instead of maximizing to the
size of the screen, or the screen minus the slit and toolbar, it goes
much bigger.  I thought it was a GVim issue, but I tested it in a couple
of other WM's (Fluxbox, E) and it didn't happen.  Also it just started
happening recently so I'd guess it popped up in alpha 3 or 4 somewhere.
It might happen with other apps as well, but I haven't found any.