On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:53:36AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 31-May-2002 Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > On 31-May-2002 Grahame Bowland wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Here's my first contribution; this patch makes blackbox compile on IA32
> >> using intel's C++ compiler. It's non-free and obviously not a priority
> >> to support it, but it does appear to have picked up some problems in the
> >> code.
> >>

> > interesting, I routinely compile with g++ 3.1 now.  Will look this over.
> > Thanks.
>
> So I started to write back with "no, the proper approach is to use <cassert>
> and std::assert()".  However non of the GNU compilers will work with that,
> seems to be a bug in glibc's headers.  I submitted a bug to Debian about it,
> hopefully it will make it upstream and get fixed.
>
> I did not wrap assert.h with any checks, it is a required file so should be
> there.
>
> One question.  What needed sstream in Screen.cc?

Without it:

icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..   -DSHAPE   -DNLS -DTIMEDCACHE
-DLOCALEPATH=\"/
opt/blackbox/share/blackbox/nls\"
-DDEFAULTMENU=\"/opt/blackbox/share/blackbox/m
enu\" -DDEFAULTSTYLE=\"/opt/blackbox/share/blackbox/styles/Results\"  -g
-O2  -I
/usr/X11R6/include -c Screen.cc
Screen.cc
Screen.cc(78): error: namespace "std" has no member "string"
  using std::string;

I saw that include in another file just before std::string
so I thought it was the way to fix it :-)

Cheers,
Grahame