On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 06:18:46PM -0400, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> Yay!  Inherited bug!  =:D

I don't think this is a bug at all. If X doesn't recognise the
keypresses how are the applications supposed to get a key press event
(hint: they dont). xev uses some underneath magic, but just cuz it shows
the key doesn't mean its modmapped (i.e. mapped to something other than
a keycode, i.e. usable). I think that if you have your X server set up
to not use those keys yo shouldn't expect it to use them..

> On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 18:04, Jamin W.Collins wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:45:46 -0700 (PDT)
> > "Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Jamin, if you try out an app like 'kate' it has a very similar key
> > > grabber. That would help track down the problem.
> >
> > Same exact problem exists in 'kate'.  If the keyboard is set to pc-101
> > then regardless of whether the keys are defined and seen by 'xev'
> > properly, they are not seen by 'kate'.
> >
> > --
> > Jamin W. Collins
> >
> --
>
> ,-----------------------------------------------------------------//
> | Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper ::  Numbers 6:24-26
>  `
>  | All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much MUCH thicker
>  | in the middle, and then thin again at the far end.  That is
>  | the theory that I have and which is mine, and what it is too.
>  ,

xOr
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.