Just upgraded to BB 0.65.0alpha9. I still get
zombie, however I get another weird problem.
This is what I have in .xsession:

/usr/local/blackbox/bin/bbkeys -i&
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset b 0&
/usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap $HOME/.xmodmaprc
exec /usr/local/blackbox/bin/blackbox

xmodmap is run 50% of the time, i.e. first
time I log in, everything in the list above
is run except xmodmap. I log out, and log
in again. This time, everything is run,
including xmodmap. But xmodmap becomes
a zombie. I log out again, log in,
xmodmap is not run. Log out and log in
again, xmodmap is run, becomes a zombie.
And so on. Did this 20 times, really consistent.

I'd appreciate if anyone can give a hint
on this.

Thanks