I know that's this is only due to my system, but I can't get the latest
alpha to confgure. What getas me is that I tried alpha8, and it worked
fine. Sure, I compiled that on my last system, and so it's set up ready,
but I have it running, but not alpha9.

I recently changed to Debian Woody, and have managed to figure out most of
what I need. I grabbed all the compiler parts I needed by reading the
errors output by my alpha8 that I last used. I managed to get that to
compile, and it runs as well as it did before. But I can't get alpha9 to
configure.

First, it complained that it couldn't find X.
configure: error: Blackbox requires the X Window System libraries and
headers.
So I gave it
bash-2.05a$ ./configure --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include

Then it told me
configure: error: Could not find XOpenDisplay in -lX11.

I tried copying my alpha8 config.cache to see if that would help, but all I
got back was a string of errors. Expected, but I had to try it. :-)

So far, I've grabbed gcc, cpp, make. What else am I missing? X libraries?
Which ones?

TIA
Neverness
--
Of all the things you can accomplish by screwing up your face and swearing
into a darkened room, sleep is not one of them.