On Fri, Jul12,02 16:10, Marco Fioretti wrote:

> > Well... you COULD try to press ALT+F(2-6) to see if they've configured GDM
> > to run on all the terminals (Since this tends to be quite tricky, there's
> > high probability that they haven't), in which circumstance you should just
> > be able to login via text console, then run startx as per normal.
> >

> Yes, I know, and other consoles *are* in text mode, but won't that mean
> that there will be 1 GNOME and TWO X servers running? I'm not that full
> of RAM...
>
>          Marco

yeah... basically... but hey, it gives you the ability to run what you
like... so the RAM usage is a small price to pay. Also bear in mind that yes
there are two X sessions running... but on the first X session, there isn't
a whole lot there (gdm CAN'T take up THAT much RAM).

Also... if you don't want to use their version of blackbox... compile a new
version, then run the binary (you can run ./configure and make without being
root... you just won't do 'make install', which is fine, as blackbox can be
run from any directory).

DC

--
Derek Cunningham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Human beings act intelligently only after they have
exhausted the alternatives" -- Abba Eban

Registered Linux User Number 195825