On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:49:33PM -0400, Georg Nikodym wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 12:32, Ben Jansens wrote:
> > I don't think you understand the problem.  Blackbox doesn't know when
> > you run/ran an application. It doesn't know anything about such an
> > applciation until the application map's its window. And at that point in
> > time, Blackbox uses whatever workspace is visible.
>
> Uh, actually, if an app is started from a menu BB is the entity doing
> the fork()/exec() and _could_ know.
>
> Agreed that BB cannot know about apps started by different means.

Yea this is how youd go about that. The current workspace can be grabbed
off the root window. So youd write an external app that grabbed this.
Then make a script that grabbed the current workspace, and runs your app
with bblaunch to set the workspace. Then use this script for everything
in the menu and bbkeys etc. Not something Blackbox should do itself.

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.