On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 06:32:46PM -0500, Art Haas wrote:

> Here is a small patch (kind-of/sort-of tested) that should
> only set the '-Wall -W -pedanctic' flags if the person building
> blackbox is compiling with GCC.

woo, thanks!!

> The AC_PROG_CC macro sets the variable GCC to yes if it finds
> out that the user is compiling with GCC (g++ in our case). After
> applying this patch, you'll need to regenerate the configure
> script. What you should see, or more precisely should _not_ see,
> are the '-Wall -W -pedantic' flags in the resulting makefile
> if you ar building with the SGI compiler.

is it possible to check and see which non-gcc compiler we are using?  as it is,
there is the step to set CXXFLAGS='-LAND:std' in the environment before running
configure, i was hoping we could do away with that step if at all possible.

thanks!

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
                                -- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --