On 25 Oct 2023, at 19:43, john larson wrote:

I'm having trouble successfully launching Quicksilver. It sorta launches
but appears to then hang.

I get the "Welcome to Quicksilver" view but the Continue button is
unresponsive. If I click anywhere else in that view, the view disappears. And the app is unresponsive, even attempting to quit it fails. I also tried using my previous Mac's preference and it doesn't appear to read that preference file as the app icon appears in the dock rather in the menu bar.
 Since it's unresponsive, I have to manually kill it.

I tried on MacOS 14.0 and 14.1 and several versions of Quicksilver, 2.41,
2.4.0, 2.3.0, 2.0.2, and 2.0.0 and each gives me the same result.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Not sure if this is the positioning bug on Sonoma or not, but in any case, try running

    defaults write com.blacktree.Quicksilver 'Use Effects' 0

In Terminal before launching Quicksilver and see if that helps.

--
Rob McBroom