On Thu, Mar 18, 2021, 10:29 PM Ken Moffat via blfs-book <
blfs-book@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 07:20:30PM +0000, Ken Moffat via blfs-book wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 12:26:09PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-book
> wrote:
> > >
> > > If it was up to me, I'd just drop qtwebengine and the only thing in
> BLFS
> > > that uses it, falkon.
> > >
> > >   -- Bruce
> >
> > Chromium itself is a nasty mess, and qt's use of it as a submodule
> > (i.e. forking it) adds to the problems.  Unfortunately, I need a
> > second graphical browser and until now qtwebengine has usually worked
> > adequately (seamonkey works but doesn't seem to have any way to
> > disable adverts, e.g. in online gmail).
> >
> I'm just about to have a go at fixing this, but I now have doubts
> that anyone apart from me builds falkon - when I put a 'Caution'
> into the book (because at that time I could not work out why it was
> not building) I wrote:
>
> Falkon re;lies on QtWebEngine. That uses a forked copy ...
>
> We all have difficulty proof-reading our own text, but I've not seen
> any reports about that spurious ';' caused by hitting the 'l' and
> the key next to it on my uk keyboard (';').
>
> ĸen

For what its worth, I used to make mistakes like that frequently and nobody
would notice either

I do use Falkon to pay my internet bill. Comcast's website has a broken
"Pay" button when using Firefox, and their official documentation says to
use Chrome or Microsoft Edge.