[I'm sorry if this comes as a duplicate message as I'm not sure about
the current status of the mail/news gateway and my posts don't seem to
appear on the mailing lists.]

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> In order to get the GL screensavers to work, I had to install Mesa
> from
> http://mesa3d.sourceforge.net/

Are you sure it wasn't the GLUT library that was missing? Xorg and XFree

both come with complete Mesa included.

> How should we proceed?  Should we install Mesa over the existing
>
> libraries?  In /usr/lib?  In /usr/X11R6/lib?

The standard location for the OpenGL libraries as per the Linux/OpenGL

ABI specification is /usr/lib. Xorg/XFree in their self-centered world

got it wrong as usual.

--
Igor Zivkovic