Randy McMurchy wrote:
Matthew Burgess wrote these words on 04/28/05 13:42 CST:

If you'd like, I can send you my build scripts off-line or post
them on Belg and we can compare. I know you're probably miles ahead
of me on D-BUS and HAL, so I'll take any information you're willing
to provide. TIA.

Hardly! I've built them, and got bootscripts for them (though they're trivial enough). BTW, dbus-0.33 and hal-0.5.1 were released just recently. The big change in dbus-0.33 was some reworking of the python bindings; this is what more-or-less forced the release of hal-0.5.1. My system's running them both now, seemingly without problems.

If you could give me some hints as to how to get hal-device-manager to run I might be able to see all this stuff actually doing something useful! I seem to remember having to compile half of gnome up (plus additional bindings), but then it still bailed out on me. Maybe it just needed the other half of gnome too :)

Cheers,

Matt.