El Lunes, 16 de Mayo de 2005 02:06, Randy McMurchy escribió:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 05/15/05 18:53 CST:
> > The editor's guide is just that: a guide.  It's not a legal document.
> > If an editor has what he thinks is a good reason to deviate, that's OK.
> >  We should all be trying to make the book as self-consistent as possible
> > as well as consistent with the package author's desires.

But that type of considerations and exceptions should be reflected to can be
noticed for future editors.

> I suppose that is one of the reasons I brought this up. I added
> three new GNOME packages just in the last week. I spent a little
> bit of research time trying to figure out should it be:
>
> GNOME Menus
>
> or
>
> gnome-menus
>
> I decided upon gnome-menus. Now we have
>
> Gnome-menus.  :-(

What is the same that you was already using to indexing the package. If
"Gnome-menus" is good for the Index, wy not for the titles and TOCs?

The same for all packages. That isn't consistent in any way.

I will following retagging the remaining pages kepping the package names in
titles and index entries "as is" for now, until a final decission will be
adopted. But I will not to change the done ones at this time, due that I want
to finish the BLFS tagging ASAP to can start the changes required and
requested for the new cross-build/multi-arch LFS book.

Then, is for you to fix the titles issues using the yet to be adopted new
policie, or wait until I have again free time to fix it.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia