The Oldfellow wrote:
> TheOldFellow wrote:
>
>>What's the policy on new packages in the BLFS book?
>>
>>For instance I discovered an editor, called Bluefish, and introduced a
>>number of LFSers to it, with good reports.  BLFS doesn't have a tabbed
>>desktop-independent X-windows editor designed for markup and syntax
>>highlighting (I know emucks can do everything, thanks)

I built it and ran it.  I generally use vim and I don't see (after only
two minutes of experimentation) what it provides over gvim.  I generally
use text mode vim, so I'm not the best person to evaluate it's
functionality.  However, that's my personal use--BLFS is for everyone.

> Just in case it's helpful, I did the edit as an exercise to see how easy
> it is, and here is the 'svn diff' against the book checked out a couple
> of hours ago.
>
> The key learning points seem to be to use 'svn add' to tell svn about
> any new files, then edit general.ent and the index xxx.xml for the
> chapter/section. Create the new page by editing something similar.
> Finally 'svn diff > xxx.patch' at the top level. I didn't try to add
> anything to changelog...

There is also a

svn propset svn:keywords "LastChangedDate Author" filename.xml

needed.

> I must say the book source is very tidy now, and Manuel has done a
> fantastic job with the markup.  An interesting exercise, even if you
> don't use it Bruce.

Yes.  I am very thankful to Manuel for what he has done for the editing
process.  Your patch applied cleanly (with -Np0).  A couple of nit-picks
before I commit:

There were a couple of paragraphs in the xml that were a little wide.  I
reformatted them in vi with gqap commands.

The md5sum doesn't match what I got.  You have
a3cf8abd282d850407e8c7eed38d15e7, but on my system:

$ md5sum bluefish-1.0.1.tar.bz2
5ffabef54fc83f5e540e08e23e3f5671  bluefish-1.0.1.tar.bz2

I didn't do a complete timing and size test, but a configure && make
took about 0.25 SBU on my system.  You have 0.5 SBU.  This is pretty minor.

I changed "X Windows" to "the X Window System" in two places.

I'll go ahead and commit the change as soon as you can validate the
md5sum for me.