Matthew Burgess wrote:
Hi folks.

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#newline states that the newline character is detected automatically, and an 'LF' should be output for Linux/Unix systems. My tidied HTML files have DOS line endings, but I'm running it (and compiled it) on a Linux box. Does anyone else see the same thing? I've tried with both the version in the book, and the latest available version.

What do you mean by DOS line endings? Tidy (the version in the book) seems to
work fine here, but maybe I'm not understanding what the problem is. Also,
shouldn't questions like this go to BLFS Support?
blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org