Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Now that LFS 6.1 has been released, we need to develop a strategy for
> the release of BLFS 6.1.  Right now there are 52 outstanding bugs.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ayu3x
>
> Of these, several are reasonably old:
>
> Opened prior 2005: 7
> Opened in
> Jan: 4
> Feb: 5
> Mar: 2
> Apr: 5
> May: 19
> Jun: 7
> Jul: 3
>
> Many of the more recent bugs are simple version increments, however
> there are some thorny issues in some of the bugs.
>
> I see two questions here:
>
> 1.  What bugs should we target (or not) for BLFS 6.1?
> 2.  What should be the target release date?
>
> The second question is really dependent on the first.  As far as the
> older bugs, I am going to try to address 464 and 847 either today or
> tomorrow.
>
> I'm not sure if we have a problem with 1406 or not.
> Additionally, are we waiting for any specific package release?
> Are there any other issues?
>
>   -- Bruce

 Here is my wish list of things to do:

1019/1347 Alexander had some notes on 1019 since I have been unable to
test reliably.  The sit and spin can be accomplished without hanging the
boot (5 seconds?), but a dev.d helper will be best I think. 1347 I'm
unsure of...I seem to remember something with KDE? mabye.

1362 Looks to be a strait version increment

1352 and 1403 go hand in hand...and to some extent 1217 (but I'd rather
not jump on 1217 yet...IIRC Jim had done work on this some time ago)
fixes are already in patches project for the recently mentined
shadow/pam combination, PAM might do nicely with some additional
explanation, but the link to docu is sufficient.

1405 I should be able to test.

NoBZ#...I'll fix this shortly if needs be.  There was a failure report
in OOo-1.1.4 that I've been unable to reproduce.

-- DJ Lucas