On 7/14/05, Archaic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:47:10AM -0500, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> > I remember there was a discussion more than a year back about having a
> > link to the package home page and/or its freshmeat entry so as to make
> > it easier for users to get more information on the package.
> >
> > I see that LFS has already started pointing to the freshmeat entry. I
>
> Kinda out of the loop it seems. Freshmeat links have been pulled from
> the LFS book because we had no control over which version of a package
> was referenced by the download link and clicking through to find the
> right version was not always so cut and dry. Ultimately we went for the
> most likely "official" location of each package and put that in the
> book and it has worked better than freshmeat did. And with package
> version entities, maintenance is nearly nil other than updating sizes.

I think I remember seeing that in the stable release. Probably 6.0.

Anyways, I am not suggesting including the FM entries for download
locations, rather to point to the FM location in addition to the
download links that we have so that user's can get more information on
the package.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]