Randy McMurchy wrote:

> 1. It appears to check for X, specifically libICE (the configure
> script has notes this is required for SunOS). I'm not sure what would
> happen if it doesn't find the X lib. I didn't follow the configure
> script to find out (damn auto-tools long-ass scripts). We need to
> determine whether or not to list X as a dependency.

Yea...I had built it with x installed, but nothing is dynamicly linked
against any X libs.  I'll dig a little deeper to see why, but the x
include is only shown in configure.  What I dont' get is why it's not
used anywhere else in the source tree.  It's just a check that uses
<X11/Intrinsic.h> to find the headers.  The same check later defines
X_DISPLAY_MISSING if it hasn't found Intrinsic.h, neither of which are
used anywhere else in the source tree.  :-/  Later still, if not
defined, then a check is made for libICE.  "-I/usr/include/X11"
eventually makes it into X_CLFAGS which is never used other than being
set.  I say no on the optional dep...AFAICT, the end result is that
it'll check for it, but do nothing with it.

-- DJ Lucas