Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
>

>>No..it is not their problem.  It is definately a distro problem.
>

> Even if they supply the example dev.d script?
>
> udev-064/etc/dev.d/snd/controlC0/alsa.dev:
>
> #!/bin/sh -e
> exec /usr/sbin/alsactl restore 0
>
> IMHO a bug in the upstream example (that we would use otherwise without much
> modifications) is not a distro problem.

Alex, I stand corrected...it's definately a bug.  Care to see if below
is a permanent fix?  No start option in alsa scirpt anymore, just the
dev.d helper....need to mention that if more than one sound card is
installed that you'll need to adjust the dev.d script and directory.  I
backgrounded the entire while loop (the user never sees a delay) and set
a default timeout of 20 seconds..this can be increased, but I doubt it
is necessary.  Can you test this on the 486 you had mentioned previously?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# cat /etc/dev.d/snd/controlC0/alsa.dev
#!/bin/sh -e
x=0
while [ $x -lt 20 ]
do