Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Hand create the required directory tree and populate it by
> installing the files manually, as is done in *lots* of the
> package instructions.
>
> install -v -m755 -d dirname
> install -v -m644 files dirname
>
> I have not yet figured out what the dirname is, or I would have
> put instructions for you to see. I am working on the Shadow warning
> fix right now, but when finished I'll move back to FontConfig.

As I see it there is:

cd doc
install -v -m 644 *.3 /usr/share/man/man3
install -v -m 644 *.5 /usr/share/man/man5

install -v -m 755 -d /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-devel
install -v -m 644 *.html *.pdf *.txt /usr/share/doc/fontconfig
install -v -m 644 fontconfig-devel/*.html \
  /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-devel