On 8/9/05, David Fix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Notice the 'cd gdb' before 'make install'. This is how my build script
> > is laid out, and though my memory is fuzzy about this, I 'cd gdb' so
> > that the readline, libiberty, etc. libraries aren't installed along
> > with the gdb executable.
> >
> > Or am I wrong about this and it is nothing more than CMMI?
>
> First off, what's CMMI?  :D  Secondly, I didn't do the "cd gdb" before I did
> the "make install"...  Is that going to cause me any problems?

gdb uses internal versions of readline, etc. for building. If you do a
make install from the top-level directory, these libraries also get
installed (over-writing potentially newer versions already installed).
I think the docs included in the package mention the cd gdb && make
install, but I may be wrong.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]