Tushar Teredesai wrote these words on 08/12/05 22:04 CST:

> Randy, will you also handle the dependencies change or should I?

I'll go ahead and add it, if that is okay with you. I have done
quite a bit of research about the various backends and can confirm
your report of earlier.

I do have a new question, though. Do you pass the --enable-dynamic
parameter to configure?

I *always* have and just now notice that this parameter is not in
the book as the default. It is not default to be on for the build,
and it is my belief that this switch causes the built binaries to be
dynamically linked to the various dependency libs (SSL, SASL, libm,
etc).

Can anyone confirm that /usr/lib/libldap.so or /usr/sbin/slapd
is built dynamically if they follow the book and don't use the
--enable-dynamic switch to configure?

I feel this switch should be added to the book, if indeed the LDAP
binaries are built statically.

--
Randy

10:49:01 up 133 days, 10:22, 3 users, load average: 0.26, 0.17, 0.36