Greg Schafer wrote these words on 08/17/05 19:01 CST:

> This is where automated build scenarios really shine. BLFS is a wonderful
> test bed for LFS! Refer to my earlier ramblings about DCA (Document
> Centric Automation). Build all of BLFS automatically. You'll find bugs in
> BLFS.. and LFS too :-)

As good as this sounds, and as easy as you make it seem, this would
never work. :-)

There are simply too many dependencies, which the build order cannot
be determined, to automate building all of BLFS. Especially the
dependencies not having BLFS build instructions.

New versions of Jpeg-mmx comes to mind. Many, many others. Greg, I
am going out on a limb and saying it cannot be done with the current
BLFS book. Not without something else added, which defines the proper
build order of dependencies, could something like this even be
attempted.

--
Randy

19:06:01 up 137 days, 18:39, 3 users, load average: 1.20, 0.80, 0.40