Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I cannot get Samba-3.0.20 to build using GCC-4. 

<Snip>

> 
> I do know that commenting this area of code out produces a clean
> build.
> 
> Any help would be appreciated. I'm not going to update the book
> until I find out what the proper fix for this issue is.
> 

Unfortunately, I did not see this issue.

Using the SWAG method...ok, a little bit of browsing through configure's
comments too...It looks like configure thinks your c compiler is the
same as your c++ compiler and it can't tell which is c or cpp, assuming
I understand the comments correctly.  Again, this is only from comments
in configure, any chance gcc2 is hanging around?  A stray /usr/g++ dir
laying around by chance?  I only ask because of these type of blocks all
through configure:

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
{
#endif
/* Insert some other stuff here....*/
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

Of course these may be nothing at all, but I can't find '#define
__cplusplus' anywhere which makes me think it's a test for an older
header creeping in.  This would be one of those cases where it'd really
is necessary to have the verbose compiler output (I know it's not
default output for samba, nor do I know how to turn it on) so as to see
the '-I's in the gcc command line.

Sorry I couldn't be on any real help.  Maybe it'll at least help drum up
a little clue.

-- DJ Lucas

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to