M.Canales.es wrote these words on 09/10/05 11:00 CST:

> /etc/xml/docbook is a catalog file used by the BLFS instructuions for
> DocBook-XML to resolve Public Identifiers due some incompatibilities with
> OpenJade in the docbook.cat file included  with the DocBook-XML package (at
> least up to xml-dtd-4.2.1, not verified with newest ones).
>
> The XSL stylesheets are based on XML-Schemas, then they don't have any Public
> Identifier associated.
>
> That lines was always uneeded fox DocBook-XSL, and maybe the full
> etc/xml/docbook file is also unneded now.

I don't get it. Can you point me to some documentation somewhere that
can more clearly explain this for me? For one, I don't understand how
you could do rewrite statements for the various DTD versions without
using the /etc/xml/docbook file. Could this be placed in the
/etc/xml/catalog file instead?

Currently, BLFS has rewrite and delegate statements that create entries
in /etc/xml/docbook which can point various versions of the DTD to your
locally installed copy.

How would you do this without using /etc/xml/docbook?

--
Randy

12:10:00 up 161 days, 11:43, 3 users, load average: 0.18, 0.21, 0.16