Hi all you knowledgable people,

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it. I used almost every
version of firebird from 1.0 to 1.0.7, some compiled the
"classical" BLFS way, some the "Mozilla" way. All of them
worked quite nicely, and all of them let me run 2 instances at
once with different profiles ('firefox -P profile1',
'firefox -P profile2'). From the first Deer Park I tried up to
the final 1.5, this doesn't work anymore. Today I did try said
1.5 with '--disable-profilesharing' and a second time with
'--enable-profilesharing'. I cannot see any difference. I *can*
start firefox with one of the two profiles, but when I try to
run a second instance with the other profile, I get another
one of the first. No way I can have 2 different profiles running
at once ... So I simply don't get this profile sharing thing.
Or is this something different? Any help on how to restore
my beloved functionality would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Hans-Joachim Widmaier