Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Hmmmm, we really need consistent results. Here is my method, could
> you please duplicate my procedure and see what happens?

OK.  I downloaded a fresh copy of jai-1_1_2_01-lib-linux-i586-jdk.bin
and duplicated your results.  The checksum passes.  Upon investigation,
I was changing the .bin file with vi and after exiting, I get:

[bdubbs@/tmp/fop]$ diff jai-1_1_2_01-lib-linux-i586-jdk.bin
/usr/src/fop/jai-1_1_2_01-lib-linux-i586-jdk.bin
80c80
< tail -n +122 $0 > $outname
---
> tail +122 $0 > $outname
10111c10111
< ]11
jre/lib/ext/jai_core.jarUT|0KAUxP]11û
                                     q¦
ÙÔ'jre/lib/ext/mlibwrapper_jai.jarUTëÁ>UxPK¶¥¡
---
> ]11
jre/lib/ext/jai_core.jarUT|0KAUxP]11û
                                     q¦
ÙÔ'jre/lib/ext/mlibwrapper_jai.jarUTëÁ>UxPK¶¥¡
\ No newline at end of file